On Wednesday the 25th of July 2012, the ceremony of the ISO 9001:2008 certificate awarding to the AMSCC took place at the Center’s premises. The certificate was awarded by the General Director of the “Hellenic Lloyd’s S.A.”, Mr Ιoannis Kalafatis, with the presence of the Chief of Staff of the Hellenic Armed Forces Rear Admiral Evangelos Apostolakis H.N.
The development and application of the Quality Management System according to the international standard ISO 9001:2008 lasted approximately six (6) months, under the guidance of “PRIORITY Business Intelligence S.A.” represented by its General Manager, Pr Panagiotis Anastasakis and the project consultant Mr. Dimitrios Stassinopoulos.
The process was conducted with the cooperation of the AMSCC’s staff and the PRIORITY Business Intelligence SA experienced consultants.
The steps for developing the Quality Management System ISO 9001 at AMSCC include:
– Diagnostic audit, in order to determine current business practices and processes against best practices and the ISO 9001:2008 standard requirements
– Identification of AMSCC’s Quality Policy and Objectives
– Development of the Quality Management System’s documentation (procedures, work instructions, forms, job descriptions, Quality Management System Manual)
– Training of AMSCC’s staff on how to fill records and implement procedures in an effective and user-friendly way
– Trial Period and internal audits, in order to verify full implementation of procedures and sufficiency of records filling and determine whether the Quality Management System is ready for a formal audit by an accredited Certification Body
– Certification Audit by the accredited Certification Body Hellenic Lloyd’s, with the presence of PRIORITY Business Intelligence. All assessed areas and procedures were judged to be in full compliance with the ISO 9001:2008 requirements and no non-conformances were registered.
The application of the ISO 9001:2008 at the AMSCC facilitates and directly promotes one of the Center’s permanent objectives, namely the upgrading of the provision of services and know-how regarding the planning, coordination and monitoring of the strategic sealift, for the benefit of the States and International Organizations that have concluded cooperation agreements within the Center.