It is announced that the Hellenic National Defence General Staff participates in “CME-08” EU Crisis Management Exercise from 24 November to 05 December 2008. The scenario of the exercise provides the execution of an EU military operation in an imaginary country of Africa, without resorting to NATO means and capabilities, and at the same time, the reorganization of the existing EU non- military mission in that country.
The following Bodies participate in that exercise:
– The EU Secretary General/ High Commissioner.
– The Competent Services of the EU Council.
– The EU Committee. (Brussels)
– The EU Satellite Center (Torrejon, Spain).
– The EU Operational Headquarters (EU OHQ Mont Valerien, France).
– The 27 EU member- states (Capitals, Permanent and military delegations)”.
LTC Dimitrios Bonoras