It is announced that today the 26th of August 2007, ground forces, air means and machinery have been allocated to the appropriate services of the General Secretariat for Civil Protection, to face the on going fires all over the country.
The Armed Forces responding to their role to contribute to fire fighting, fulfilled 100 % of all requests submitted by the authorities involved, allocating the following personnel and means:
• Zacharo (Pref. of Ilia) : 97 persons
• Agriani (Pref. of Lakonia) : 50 persons
• Kalentsi (Pref. of Corinth) : 57 persons
• Mount Taygetos : 51 persons
• Megalopolis (Pref.of Lakonia) : 193 persons
• Perivoli , Domokos : 88 persons
• Asvesti, Makrakome : 80 persons
• Stira- (Pref. Of Evia) : 172 persons
• Aliartos (Pref. of Viotia) : 52 persons
• Konistra (Pref. Of Evia) : 51 persons
• Dikorfo (Pref. of Ioannina) : 42 persons
• Fire Department of Pyrgos : 62 persons
• Pref. of Attika : 371 persons
• Ancient Olympia : 112 persons
• 254 manned motorized patrols with 567 persons
• 21 firefighting aircraft CL-215 (13) and CL-415(8), which conducted 55 sorties with 155 flight hours, and with 1.100 water-bomb drops, equal to 7.150 tons of water (100% full availability of all air means)
• 2 C-130s for the airlift of the firefighting forces (4 vehicles and 60 fire fighters) from Cyprus.
• 4 Chinook Helicopters
• 4 Super Puma Helicopters
• 2 Sikorsky Helicopters
• 4 Ambulances
• 3 surgeons, 3 medical orderlies and 4 ambulances were allocated to the General Hospital of Pirgos.
• also, buses, fire fighting vehicles, water carriers, Steyr Military trucks, earth moving equipment, power generator units, number of blankets and number of rations of dry food as requested by the General Secretariat for Civil Protection .
It should be noted that extra ground forces, air forces and equipment of the Armed Forces, in accordance with the ministerial order of Mr. Evaggelos Meimarakis, remain in full readiness, in order to intervene and contribute to the fire fighting, when called upon