It is announced that during the three day period from the 24th to the 26th of August 2007, ground forces, air means and machinery have been allocated to the appropriate services of the General Secretariat for Civil Protection, to face the on going fires all over the country.
The Armed Forces responding to their role to contribute to fire fighting, fulfilled 100 % of all requests submitted by the authorities involved, allocating the following personnel and means:
• Zacharo (Pref. of Ilia) : 402 persons
• Mount Taygetos : 50 persons
• Kalentsi (Pref. of Corinth) : 117 persons
• Asvesti, Makrakome : 130 persons
• Perivoli , Domokos : 88 persons
• Pref. of Attika : 329 persons
• Aliartos (Pref. of Viotia) : 66 persons
• Filippiada (Pref. of Preveza) : 10 persons
• Babini, Phyties (Pref. of Etoloacarnania) : 10 persons
• Dikorfo (Pref. of Ioannina) : 50 persons
• Geraki (Pref. of Lakonia) : 120 persons
• Areopolis (Pref.of Lakonia) : 90 person
• Megalopolis (Pref.of Lakonia) : 333 persons
• Stira-Konistra (Pref. Of Evia) : 383 persons
• Agriani : 50 persons
• Pyrgos (Pref. of Ilia) : 63 persons
• Ancient Olympia : 112 persons
• Labeti,Kolyri (Pref. of Ilia) : 52 persons
• 535 manned motorized patrols with 1.586 persons
• 21 firefighting aircraft CL-215 (13) and CL-415(8), which conducted 276 sorties with 694 flight hours, and with 13.880 water-bomb drops, equal to 90.220 tons of water (100% full availability of all air means)
• Foreign Aircraft (4 French and 1 Italian CL-415) : 11 sorties with 35 flight hours.
• Surveillance Flights: 18 sorties with 22 flight hours.
• 5 C-130s and 1C-27J for the airlift of the firefighting forces (10 vehicles and 120 fire fighters) from Cyprus.
• 4 Chinook Helicopters
• 4 Super Puma Helicopters
• 2 Sikorsky Helicopters
• 4 Ambulances
• 3 surgeons, 3 medical orderlies and 4 ambulances were allocated to the General Hospital at Pirgos. also, buses, fire fighting vehicles, water carriers, Stayer Military trucks, bulldozers, and earth moving equipment, and power generator units, as requested by the General Secretariat for Civil Protection .
• Eight search and rescue missions were conducted with 14 people being evacuated on three flights on the remaining five the civilians denied boarding.
• Addionally 135 civilians were hosted at Kalamata Air Force Base
It should be noted that, ground and air forces and equipment of the Armed Forces remain in full readiness, in order to intervene and contribute to the fire fighting, when called upon .