The Chief of the Hellenic National Defence General Staff, Admiral Panagiotis Chinofotis, paid an official visit to Turkey, from 26 to 28 of July, upon invitation of the Commander of the Turkish Armed Forces, General Hilmi Ozkok, in the spirit of the Confidence Building Measures in force, with the aim of promoting the military relations between the two countries and as a part of the said Confidence Building Measures.
During the visit, military issues related to the existing Confidence Building Measures, as well as the military developments taking place in the world, were discussed.
More specifically, during the meetings, the following issues were covered:
- Review and evaluation of the implementation of the military aspects of the Confidence Building Measures and to this end, exploration of the technicalities to maximize their outcome.
- Exchange of visits between the Commanders of the two countries’ Armed Services.
- Combined disaster relief/humanitarian aid exercise, which is planned to be executed by the two countries.
- Peace Support Operations executed by the two Armed Forces.
- NATO Enlargement Policy.
- Latest developments in the Middle East.
LTC- FA G. Kalpogiannakis