On 13 and 14 November 2018, the Crisis Management and Security International Conference “ATHENA 2018” entitled ‘’ Turning risk into opportunity:An efficient crisis management’’, was held in Athens.
The conference was held by HNDGS under the auspices of MOD, in the premises of HAF Academy.
The Minister of National Defence Panos Kammenos, the Chief of Hellenic National Defence General Staff, Admiral Evangelos Apostolakis HN, the Chief of Hellenic Army General Staff, Lieutenant General Alkiviadis Stefanis, the Chief of Hellenic Navy General Staff, Vice Admiral Nikolaos Tsounis HN, and the Chief of Hellenic Air Force General Staff, Lieutenant General (HAF) Christos Christodoulou attended the conference. The conference was also attended by members of diplomatic delegations, high-ranking military officers from foreign countries, Defense Attaches, representatives of International Organizations and Institutes, members of the academic community, retired Armed Forces personel, individuals as well as military personnel.
The sessions of the conference included the following:
- Challenges arising from migration – terrorism – hybrid threats: The role of Greece
- Mediterranean maritime and energy security: Why they are important for Europe?
- By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail: The role of preparedness in crisis management.
- Leadership, crisis informatics and media strategy as critical enablers for effective crisis response.
- The need for closer cooperation amongst international organizations: An essential prerequisite for effective crisis management.